4.17.2013

Time Out Chicago’s Eat Out Awards


Thanks to my new friends at Chicago Blogger Network, I had the opportunity to attend Time Out Chicago’s Eat Out Awards.  Top bars and restaurants in Chicago served up food and drinks at Terzo Piano at The Art Institute of Chicago as awards were handed out throughout the evening.


Bloggers live blogging the event

 Party Time. Excellent.

While I love to eat, I was more interested in the cocktail winners than the restaurants because I’m looking for a bar that reminds me of my three west coast loves: The Woods, Bodega Wine Bar, and The Belmont


Here’s what I’ll be adding to my Happy Hour To-Do/Drink/Eat list!

Best New Bar: Scofflaw

Best New Cocktail Program: Charles Joly at The Aviary

Best New BYOB: ATK 

Best Chicago Microbrewery: Revolution Brewing

For a complete list of winners, check out Time Out Chicago’s site!

When awards weren’t being handed out, food & drink were being enjoyed by all. Here's what I sampled -

Kalbi Glazed Pork Belly Taco with Daikon Slaw

Sea Scallop “Dynamite” with Tobiko Caviar

S’mores Tart, Chocolate Custard, Marshmallow Fluff, Graham Crust

Most popular drink of the night must go to Virtue Cider. People waited in line for their drinks!

… and because balancing food, drink, and a camera on heels can be a challenge, be sure to check out event photos at Time Out Chicago! Also pick up the last print issue before they goes digital. The final copy has over 1,100 reviews of the best bars and restaurants!

Cheers! JG



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails