11.09.2010

Bodega Wine Bar Hollywood - CLOSED

6290 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
323.464.3400
www.bodegawinebar.com
twitter.com/bodegawinebar

Parking: Limited Street Parking, $7 Valet
Daily, 5-7pm; All Night on Mondays; $3 off all glasses of wine, $2 off all beers, $5 sangria, & $6 soju drinks; select food items for $5-7

I have been a fan of Bodega Wine Bar’s Santa Monica location, for a couple of years, and JB has even paid a visit to their Pasadena location so when I found out that they were opening a Hollywood location near The Happy Hour Tour headquarters, I was thrilled. In fact, I was so thrilled that I was constantly checking their twitter & facebook pages for updates and even wrote to them on twitter a couple of times. Needless to say, by the time they opened, I’m glad there was no restraining order on me.

I recently visited the Hollywood location in preparation of stretching my liver for the Celebrate Argentina 2010 Grand Tasting at the Roosevelt Hotel later that night. My friend, Natalie, & I sat right at the bar, my favorite place to perch. I ordered my favorite Bodega wine, the Petit McManis ($6) and Natalie for went a soju cocktail ($6). It was my first glass of red wine in a long time and given the recent turn of cold weather, a warm, glass of red wine was just right.

For food, we snacked on the bruschetta & olive tapenade ($5), another favorite. Although, the
serving size is always generous, the order does not come with enough toasted crostinis to finish it all. Every time I order, I always have to ask for more to finish it off, making me feel like a piggy, but much better than me eating the rest with a spoon. At the Hollywood location, I was pleased that the bartender brought us extra crostinis without ever having to ask. He didn’t miss a beat and refilled out plates without interrupting our girl talk!

There’s great drinks, great food, & great service, but the only thing the bar is missing is a singles scene. Wine bars tend to be filled with couples (
good for dates!) and ladies talking about looking for dates (us!). I’ve never understood why guys don’t check out wine bars more often. After all, some of the better guys I’ve dated actually know more about wine than I do… and I drink a lot of wine. Girls often visit sports bars in hopes of chatting up a guy, but we do watch sports, too. It would be nice to see guys return that favor and check out some of the lady like spots. And fellas, I found one for you – Bodega Wine Bar!

-JG
Rating: 4 Martinis

Bodega Wine Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails