11.14.2012

Bar Louie - Naperville


22 E. Chicago Dr.
Naperville, IL 60540
630.983.1600

Parking: Free lot
Days: Monday-Friday
Times: 4-7pm
Drink Deals: See calendar for daily specials
Food Deals: Half-off select small plates

After the sophisticated happy hours at White Chocolate Grill and Morton’s, I was in search of something a bit more youthful.  Bar Louie in downtown Naperville seemed like a good choice that would be chill, but not too rowdy. JB visited Bar Louie in southern California city of Arcadia and wrote of the variety of $5 martinis so I definitely wanted to see how one of their midwest locations held up.

Unfortunately, there were no $5 martinis on my visit. Because of the weird laws about Illinois happy hours, I’ve found that some places have official happy hours and some have daily specials. This Bar Louie location is a place that has daily specials and I happened to come on a Wednesday for Dollar Beer Night… beer is not my bag, baby. If I wanted $5 martini, I would have to come back the next day.

Since my friend Tamika & I were already set on martinis, we ordered them, full-price and all - $10.  Since there are so many choices, I deferred to our server for suggestions before deciding on the Pom Peche, made with Absolut Peach (a fav!), pomegranate syrup, mango puree, orange juice, & Sprite. I was a bit worried that it may be too sweet, but it sounded too good to pass up.  Luckily, it wasn’t too sweet and went down easy… a little too easy so for round two, I ordered The Fizz. This martini was made with Absolut Mandarin, St. Germain, Prosecco, fresh lemon, & pure cane sugar. The Fizz was definitely more my speed with the perfect balance of booze and sugar.

Lemon Drop and Pom Peche martinis
Regular martini w/ cherries and The Fizz martini
Although our drinks were full-price, we ordered food from the happy hour menu. Tamika & I shared an order of the chicken quesadilla and the boneless BBQ wings.  We were pretty impressed by the amount of food and it was more than enough to fill us for dinner.


So about that crowd? It was definitely more youthful and diverse! Girls Night Out, guys watching sports, people on dates, etc.  I’d definitely return to Bar Louie again, as long as I checked their calendar first.

-JG

Rating: 4 Martinis

Bar Louie Naperville on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails