11.01.2012

Morton's - The Steakhouse


1751 Freedom Dr.
Naperville, IL 60563

Parking: Free lot
Days: Sunday-Friday
Times: 5pm–6:30pm / 9pm–10pm (11pm on Fri)
Drink Deals: $5.50 Beer, $7 Wine, $8 Select Cocktails
Food Deals: $6-7 Select Bar Bites

Morton’s happy hour is for grown ups.  I don’t mean legal drinking age adults, but grown up men with careers.  On a rainy day (yes, people in Illinois go out in the rain), my neighborhood buddy, Tamika, and I met up a Morton’s for their “Power Hour.” It didn’t take long to notice that, aside from the hostess, we were the only women in the joint. While it might appear that it may work in the favor of a single gal, it was clear that the men folk were busy wheeling & dealing so we stuck to the business of happy hour.

The drink prices run from $5.50 to $8. The Power Hour Cosmopolitan ($8) was the drink of the night.  I haven’t been too crazy about cosmos lately because no matter where I go, the flavor balance seems to be off leaving my a drink a little too tart.  However, these cosmos were to my liking because the drink was not tart at all and smooth without being too sweet. I thought the price for a martini was a little much for happy hour, but sometimes you have to pay more for good quality.


The food price & quality was to my liking as well.  During Power Hour, there are a variety of bar bites for $6 and $7. I miss the many choices of sushi restaurants in LA.  Since I have yet to try any Chicago area sushi spots, I satisfied my craving with an order of the Ahi Tuna Tacos. For $6, the plate comes with 3 tacos and avocado, pico de gallo, & a slaw concoction made with seaweed.  Tamika ordered the Chicken Goujonettes ($6), which translates to fancy chicken strips with a mustard mayo sauce. The dishes were delicious but did not fill us up so after eyeballing our neighbor’s plate, we decided to split the Petite Filet Mignon Sandwiches since we were at a steak house after all. For $7, we received a plate of 4 petite sandwiches that did the job to fill us up.



I would definitely return to Morton’s Power Hour. However, I may save it for business drinks.

-JG

Rating: 4 Martinis

Morton's - The Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails