4.27.2010

Library Bar


630 W. 6th St.
Ste 116-A
Los Angeles, CA 90017
www.librarybarla.com

Parking: $5 with validation
Mon. – Fri., 3-8pm, $4 Stella, $5 cosmos, margaritas, & Washington Apple

I had been dreaming about Library Bar’s happy hour since it was the final stop on a last minute bar crawl with
The Minty.

Lucky for both The Minty & myself, both of our schedules opened up last minute and we were able to pay Library Bar a visit for happy hour. As usual, the happy hour details were not listed on their website, but I was pleasantly surprised when I called and got an actual human being on the phone that assured me that happy hour goes until 8pm, giving me just 45 minutes to enjoy it. I suspect that this time is flexible because the happy hour sign outside has the 3pm printed for the start time and the 8pm handwritten in for the cut-off. Hmmm…perhaps, there will be a late night happy hour in their future.
The food at Library Bar is so delicious that we ordered food before drinks. We shared the hickory burger, pork belly skewers, & peppered steak fries. The food isn’t on discount during happy hour, but at $5-9 and at a great portion size for sharing, it’s not necessary. The burgers seem to be a big hit as we saw others enjoying them as well, but I gotta say the pork belly skewers are my favorite. I can’t imagine ever going to this bar and not ordering them.

For drinks, I had a glass of sauvignon blanc priced at $8.

Although, wine was not on happy hour, I did appreciate the heavy pour and the bartender that poured it. Stephen was a tall drink of water that I wish were on a happy hour special. He was so cute & charismatic that I would be shocked if he does not have the side hustle of show business.

As far as the rest of the crowd, there was a pretty diverse group of good-looking people. The bar was not too crowded and cleared out as happy hour ended. On my last visit, there was a good-sized crowd around 10pm so I’m sure the next shift of people were just around the corner. I also suspect that there might be a good weekend crowd at Library Bar. I definitely plan to check it out one of these days.

-JG

Rating: 4 Martinis

Library Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails