Sorry Sports Fans, this is actually me getting ready for
the Academy Awards, my true Game Day ;)!!
We also love a good time and very much appreciate the value of football season bringing beautiful honey babies out – even in inclement weather – to celebrate their favorite teams. Now, watching them cry when said team loses; that’s a different story…
We have followed this playoff season enough to know that beyond whatever anyone thinks about Richard Sherman, he is most definitely someone we’d like to Happy Hour with!! And Peyton Manning can tell us what “Omaha” really means. We’ll promise not to tell **fingers crossed behind our backs**.
These dudes are ready to PAAAAARTAY!!
If you haven’t figured it out yet, JG and I won’t really be watching the game for the raw athleticism. But we do love the Super Bowl and of course, a good Super Bowl party!! Because for us, SB Game Day will always be the best time of the year to experiment with city-themed cocktails!
For the Seahawks, The Seattle Times has us covered with their Hawktails, crafted by the city’s top bartenders - including Jason Finn, drummer of the Presidents of the United States of America. Remember “Lump” and “Peaches?” Apologies or you're welcome (?) for getting those ditties stuck in your head!
Check out this Seattle Times video:
And the Bronco’s – well, the Denver Post needs to make a good video! But this Mile-High Muddler (from the Daily Meal via Bendistillery) sounds nice and refreshing like the cool crisp air of the Mile-High City!
Mile High Muddler
• 2 ounces Crater Lake Vodka
• One slice each of Lemon, Lime, and Orange
• Tonic water
Muddle fruit in a rocks glass, fill with ice and add vodka. Top with tonic water. Garnish with an orange and mint.
And of course, if you prefer half-and-half and espresso in your cocktails (hullo? Coffee cocktails, sign us up!) – there’s always the Colorado Bulldog!
• 1 ounce Vodka
• 1 ounce coffee flavored liquer
• 1 can of Coca-Cola
• 1 ounce light cream
Fill a tall 16 oz. glass with 1/3 of ice. Pour in the vodka and coffee liqueur. Fill to within 1 inch of the rim with Coke. The fill to within ½ inch with light cream. Stir to blend. Try not to overdose on disgusting ecstacy!!
The Super Bowl is also one of the best times of the year to:
• Watch fun commercials! Speaking of which, remember this painful GoDaddy ad from last year? Not to toot my own horn, but that dude totally online date messaged me. In a related note: I am no longer online dating. And that was not tooting my own horn; I just got a little depressed all over again.
• Attend an awesome concert from the comfort of our living room! From Nipple Gate to Queen Bey out-fiercing them all, we love a great half-time show!!! This year is no exception; we’re looking forward to The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars workin’ it out (sorry, still in Beyonce mode)! Even though they’ll likely perform separately, we can always hope for a groundbreaking new mash-up like “I Feel Like I’ve Been Locked Out Under the Bridge Downtown.” Half-seriously, I’m getting goose bumps!
• Enjoy the Puppy Bowl! Those puppies are so damn cute. And this year… well, Hallmark Channel is hosting the Kitten Bowl. Enough said.
• Hope that the post-Super Bowl TV show lives up to its hype! We’re stoked for Jess and the gang to visit Prince (as in the Purple Prince of Paisley Park) on “The New Girl!” Although we have a rather meta idea that we think might top it. Drumroll please... How about Dave Chappelle guest starring as Prince?!!!
We say wear your favorite team shirt (or blouse) and enjoy the Super Bowl! No matter if it's for the commercials, the music, the cats - the dogs, whatever - enjoy yourselves, drink responsibly, and please DO NOT CRY if your team loses! Or Prince will send you home... without pancakes!