10.29.2013

How to Make… a Nightmare on Spice Street cocktail


Fall is my favorite time of year. The leaves are changing colors; bars & restaurants roll out their apple and pumpkin flavored goodies; and scary movies are on all channels and in every theater. When my west coast partner in crime, Vanilla Twist, emailed JB & I a link of Scary Movie Inspired cocktails from People magazine, I just knew that I had to make the Nightmare on Spice Street cocktail created by Colin Maxwell from EMM Group.


A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET is by far my favorite horror movie series. I have the box set of movies, a lunch pail, a Freddy Krueger doll, and dressed as a female Freddy last Halloween.  

True Hollywood Story: I once worked with Robert Englund on a pilot series. When I was too freaked out to use the porta-potty in the cold woods, he was nice enough to offer up his VIP bathroom when he overheard me complaining to a coworker! See, not scary at all!

This past Halloween weekend, my best friend Genna & I got together for a night of psychic readings, horror movies, and A Nightmare on Spice Street cocktails!


Here’s what you need to get your spooky spice on!

A Nightmare on Spice Street
2 oz. vanilla vodka
½ oz. pumpkin spice syrup (see recipe below)
¾ oz. lemon juice
½ oz. Bailey's Irish Cream 
¼ oz. Frangelico


Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake hard and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon. 

For pumpkin spice syrup, blend the following ingredients until smooth:
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
2 cups water
1½ cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground dried ginger
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves

All this goodness makes this...
... scary looking but oh so tasty mix!

A couple of tips, we learned while mixing up the cocktails:

-       Take it easy on the lemon juice. Too much makes the drink look a bit curdled (scary!!) and too tastes too tart (boo!!).
-       Add ice! Drinks with creamy liquors are best when they remain chilled.


This is one drink that will definitely leave you with sweet dreams! Cheers!!

-JG

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails