7.19.2011

Raphael

11615 Ventura Blvd.
Studio City, CA 91604www.RalphaelonVentura.com
twitter.com/RaphaelStudioC


Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the “Sips & Savories” event at Raphael restaurant thanks to my foodie & fellow boozer friend, The Minty. We got to sip on specialty cocktails, created by mixologist Chris Parke, paired with savory bar bites by executive chef Adam Horton. Some of the bites included fresh ingredients straight from their living green wall in front of the restaurant!

Round 1
Cilantro cocktail: Karma tequila, cilantro, jalapeno, cointreau, agave nectar
Crispy Pork Belly: House made French sausage, Brioche, Nuoc Chom (a light sauce), Capsicum, Herbs and Pickles


Round 2
Basil cocktail: Grey Goose, muddled sweet basil, cracked pepper
Grilled Cheese: Aged Cheddar, Gruyere, Parmesan, Caramelized Onion and Tomato Confit


Round 3
Punch cocktail: Myers Rum, Bacardi, egg white, sugar cane, fresh lime
Son Tam: Green Papaya, Thai Chili, Lime, Garlic, Peanuts and Herbs

My favorite of the bar bites was the Crispy Pork Belly. It was very flavorful and did not leave me too full and with food guilt, as some pork belly dishes often do.


After the pairing, I ventured onto the other cocktails and ordered the Balsamic cocktail made with Ketel One vokda, muddled strawberries, balsamic vinegar, & lemon. At first, the thought of vinegar in my drink freaked me out a little bit, but I was sure that it was nothing that the vodka and strawberries couldn’t handle. Sure enough, I was right, as it was my favorite cocktail of the evening! There are not many places in the area to get a well crafted cocktail so I definitely recommend a drink at Raphael.



Balsamic cocktail

This visit definitely has me looking forward to re-visiting Raphael for their actual Happy Hour special – Monday-Friday, from 5-7pm – with half-off appetizers and $8 wines. The new bar bite menu is also available starting at 9pm on weekdays and 10pm on weekends.

Thanks to the folks at Bread & Butter PR for the event!

Check out our facebook page for more photos of food, drinks, & the green wall! If you like happy hour as much as we do, please don't forget to "like" us while you're there.

Raphael on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails