6.08.2010

Big Foot West

10939 Venice Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90034
310.287.2200
www.bigfootlodge.com
www.twitter.com/BigFootWest

Parking: $5 Valet; Street Parking
Daily, 5-9pm, Ahhh-mazing selections of drinks for $5

I’ve wanted to check out Big Foot Lodge in Los Feliz for sometime now. Not only do I want to expand my east side adventures, but I also fantasize about running into Kiefer Sutherland during one of his wild nights out. I’ve had friends that not only had sightings but encounters, so I feel my time is due. But since I tend to spend more time on the west side, I guess it should come to no surprise to myself that I hit up their new, brother bar, Big Foot West first.



This bar may now be my new
Woods away from home. Not only are they similar in décor, but the drinks are tall and strong, too! Unfortunately, I didn’t have any eye candy in bartenders since they were all female and I don’t swing that way… not that there’s anything wrong with that.

There’s no food served at Big Foot West, but they certainly make up for that in their drinks. Worth noting, they often team up with food trucks for those with a case of midnight munchies. For happy hour, all drinks are $5 – and not just well drinks. They
offer a pretty impressive list of specialty cocktails. I had the Absolut Beri Blue, with ginger ale, and sweet & sour. It was so good that I was set on drinks for a while. My friend had the Absolut Mandras, a martini cocktail with orange juice and cranberry juice. We both agreed that our drinks were pretty strong, but definitely in a good way.

If you’re a single lady, this may be a great spot to chat up a guy. There were pairs of guys, groups of guys, and maybe a date or two. I’m not sure if I ever saw another group of ladies so the numbers are in your favor! Aside from noticing the guy-to-girl ratio, I didn’t pay too much attention to the guys because I was in full-on girl talk mode, talking about guys in our lives, of course.

I will return to this happy hour without a doubt!
-JG
Rating: 4 Martinis

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Nate and I were just talking about going there and we were wondering if they served food...good to know they don't!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails