3.25.2010

Home

2500 Riverside Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 665-0211


www.homesilverlake.com

$3.50 valet, street parking nearby

Daily, 5-7 pm, $5.95 select appetizers, $3 draft beer, $4 well drinks and house wines, and $6 top-shelf drinks.

We all know the economy is a bummer right now. I can count on two or three hands (this is where my three hands come in … hand-y!) the number of unemployed people I currently know; that’s definitely up from a year ago. Obviously, this is just one of the reasons that happy hour is such an optimal choice for dining out right now, what better deals to drown your financial woes in!

It was on this uplifting note that I set out for Home Restaurant in Silver Lake (Los Feliz location is great as well), to catch up with an old friend who was recently let go from a downsizing/re-shuffling corporation. Besides fair drink deals, Home also has some great comfort food choices on their dining menu. Some of those items can be found on the happy hour food menu - $5.95 for your choice of calamari, jalapeno poppers, bruschetta, Santa Fe eggrolls, hummus, and more, and $3-6 drink specials.

And happy hour is available anywhere – bar, inside table seating, outside table seating. I personally love the outdoor area, it’s spacious, chill, not-so-fast-paced-LA; I’d venture to say it’s more like … Home. And I’ll be honest, I love their food menu options, so my personal preference would be to show up here around 6:30, squeeze in a happy hour drink & appetizer, and then enjoy a nice well-priced dinner. On my last visit, I did just that; I went for the vegetarian meatloaf sandwich and waffle fries for $9.95.

It was over this tasty meal that my friend & I bonded over the current state of affairs – although overcast on the economic front, it was nice to have to have good company and swell happy hour deals at fair prices! Bars & restaurants of the world offering good happy hour deals in downtrodden financial times, we salute you!
--JB

Rating: 4 Martinis

Home on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails