1.08.2010

TGIFridays

7733 Winchester Rd
Memphis, TN 38125
901.752.1369
Parking: Free lot
Daily, 4-7pm and 10pm –close, $2-5 select drink specials, ½ priced appetizers
In honor of The King’s birthday… that’s Elvis Presley for those not in the know… we decided to post a Memphis happy hour today. After all, TGIFridays is kinda classic and also loved by people world-round. I was really hoping to find a happy hour in Graceland, but I tell ya, finding happy hours in Memphis is hard work! Since Memphis is more suburban than big city, I knew I could count on a chain restaurant to bring me a happy hour.
My sister, niece, & I ventured out to the TGIFridays that was neighbor to the Target I visited a total of 3 times in 9 days. (I just love that store. Only thing missing: happy hour!) I was sure that TGIFs would have a happy hour since I usually go there for my Jack Daniels Grill fix on Chicago-land visits. However, I was quite disappointed that this info was not found on their site, especially since their happy hour is a national event.
Everything turned around once we got the restaurant. We scored a high top table in the bar area and a server who promised to take care of us. At first, I was disappointed that there are only 4 drink specials per day (2 beers, 1 wine, & 1 mixed drink) on their happy hour menu, but our server quickly told us to ignore the days and order anything off the menu. I’m not sure if the other TGIFridays are this friendly, but they should definitely get rid of that bum menu. My sister & I went for $4 margaritas and mojitos, while my niece ordered some blue drink she couldn’t explain to us. To quote Anchorman: That’s pure gasoline.
The serving size of the drinks was so generous that it was a must that we order food. During happy hour, all appetizers are half-off except for 2 that are pictured on the menu. Ain’t that some sh*t? Maybe TGIF should make a whole new happy hour menu all together, plus post it to their site. Lucky, The Happy Hour Tour is here for you.
There’s a decent amount of food options, priced between $3.19-$4.50 during happy hour. We ordered the Tucsan Spinach Dip, priced at $3.84. It was plenty for all 3 of us to share, and we stayed for another round of drinks. The server was so nice that he would look to our table from the bar from time to time to make sure we were good. There was no waiting around here, that’s some Southern hospitality!
TGIFridays is a great default happy hour. There’s always one somewhere – big cities, small cities, or suburbs. My only complaint is the lack of information on the site & menus. For a place all about flair, they should show a bit more love to the happy hour.
While we never saw any Elvis impersonators, we did spot an off duty Santa Claus... 3 days after Christmas!
Cheers! JG.
Rating: 4 Martinis
T.G.I. Friday's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails