12.09.2010

P.F. Chang's

121 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310.854.6467
www.pfchangs.com
twitter.com/pfchangs

Parking: Beverly Center parking garage - $1 for per hour for the first 4 hours, $2 per hour after 4 hours
Daily, 3-6pm, $2-4 Beers, $5-6 wines, $6 cocktails, and select eats from $3-6

I just love chain restaurants sometimes. I like to chalk it up to being a Midwestern girl where dining out was saved for special occasions like placing in the science fair, weekend mall trips with mom, or those first group dates. Having lived in L.A. for 8 years now, chain restaurants are now a thing of the past, not only because L.A. has so much to offer, but also, in the big city chain anything, restaurants or stores, usually bring on fear of The Tourist Trap. Luckily, P.F. Chang’s happy hour proved to be a happening spot when on break from Beverly Center shopping.

When JB told me that P.F. Chang’s had a happy hour, I couldn’t wait. Most chain restaurants offer happy hour, but very few offer it daily. For 3pm happy hour start time, P.F. Chang’s was shockingly full even for a Saturday. We decided to sit in the bar area at a high top table. At first, we were going to try for the bar, but that was pretty full with lots of guys watching the latest game on the two TVs. With the amount of guys rotating in and out of the bar, it’s probably safe to say they had lady friends shopping upstairs.


It didn’t take us too long to order from the lengthy “Liquids & Solids”

happy hour menu. For Liquids, I had the organic agave margarita ($6) and JB had the Asian pear mojito (also $6). The first round of liquids was good, but the real attraction on the menu was the Royal Poolside ($6) that JB ordered for her next choice. The Royal Poolside is something that you order on spring break because it is very tall, very blue, and filled with some combo of liquor I don’t remember and it’s probably intended that way. Of course, there is a cherry on top!
For Solids, I ordered my favorite, the chicken lettuce wraps ($5). I was pleasantly surprised that the happy hour portion was the same size as when ordering it any other time. I just hate when restaurants offer portions so small at happy hour that that look like they came out of the Easy Bake Oven. I also ordered the seared ahi tuna ($6) that came with a side salad & cucumbers slices with a spicy, mustard dressing. JB had the veggie spring rolls ($4). I don’t have much to say about the other food choices because, well, I was in love with my chicken lettuce wraps.

It’s great to know that there is a daily happy hour at the Beverly Center. I may have fond memories of hanging out at food courts, too, but P.F.Chang’s happy hour is definitely a much more fun ending to shopping trips!
-JG
Rating: 4 Martinis

P.F. Chang's China Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails