Thursday, June 20th – Chicago
Sheffield’s Beer & Wine Garden - 3258 North Sheffield | Chicago, IL 60657
Starting at 7pm, the launch party will feature all Berghoff beers on draft for $5 each and for vittles, Sheffield’s will also offer pulled pork, brisket, and pulled chicken tacos, with a choice of side for $10 each. Live DJ to boot!
Friday, June 21st – Milwaukee
Burnhearts - 2599 S. Logan Ave. | Bay View, WI 53207
The Launch Party & Tap Takeover will kick off at 5pm and will feature special pay-as-you-go pricing on Berghoff beers, as well as a “Buy a Beer, Get a Brat” deal with $4 brews and a complimentary brat from Paul Zerkel of the Odd Duck restaurant. After 7pm, the beers/brats will go up to $5 (OMG, that’s too expensive, hahahahahaha – I’m still marveling at the affordability of the Midwest!).
Bergoff Brewery has been around for over 120 years and Ben Minkoff (owner since 1994) has worked with brewing experts Randy Mosher and John Hannfan to create the recipes for the top-notch German-style beers that where brewed at the Stevens Point production facility, located in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. The new brews available at both parties include:
- Solstice Wit Beer (5.2% ABV), made with Calamansi juice, an Asian citrus fruit, and spices, for a refreshing summery beer from a long tradition of unfiltered wheat beers
- Dortwunder Lager (5.5% ABV), a classic and evenly balanced pale lager in the Dortmunder tradition
- Straight Up Hefeweizen (5.2% ABV), a Bavarian hefe-weizen, with the creamy goodness of wheat, plus a fruity and spicy nose
- Reppin’ Red Ale (6.2% ABV), a serious red ale that mixes tangy rye and crisp toasted malts with plenty of American hop character
- Sir Dunkle Crispy Dark Lager (5.5% ABV), smooth and malty, with a bright crispness, making a drinkable and very satisfying beer.
- Germaniac Extra Pale Ale, the first beer in Berghoff’s Überbier Series, brewed with honey and molasses (yeah baby!!); it’s a briskly hopped extra pale ale patterned after the old “outlaw” beer style, Kottbüsser.