6.19.2013

Catch 35 - Naperville


Parking: $7 Valet, free garage parking
Days: Daily 
Times: 4-6pm
Food Deals: Half-priced bar menu (Sun-Tues) / half-priced oysters (Daily)
Drink Deals: $5 specialty martinis (Wed) / Half-off select wine bottles (Thurs)

--------

Drink Up: The drinks & food are damn good!

Spill the Wine: Drink specials are only two days a week.

--------


If you’re fishing for a new Chicago suburban spot, you’ll want to check out Catch 35 in downtown Naperville! The draw is not just the food and drinks, but the service from Bartender Jack.  Not only does Jack make a great drink, but he offers friendly service, as well. So friendly, that most people appeared to have established a good rapport with him as regulars.

On Wednesday nights, Catch 35 features $5 specialty martinis.  The martinis are extra special because they include original creations not found at other bars & restaurants.  It was so hard to choose between the 10 drinks that my Happy Hour buddy Tamika & I ordered 6 between the two of us… but one drink at a time, of course! On a regular night, martinis run $11 each so Wednesday nights are perfect for martini fans.

Photo by Bartender Jack. Thanks buddy!
I started the night off with the Snow White Cosmo, mixed with Figenza fig vodka. I never heard of fig vodka, but I was quite intrigued when Bartender Jack told me that it was one of the most popular drinks.  It didn’t take many sips to understand why the drink was so popular. The Snow White Cosmo had the perfect balance of sweetness that I’m always looking for in a cocktail. It was also quite smooth. For Tamika's first round, she tried the Dragonfly martini.
Dragonfly & Snow White CosmoDragonfly: Bacardi Dragonberry berry rum, strawberry puree, fresh squeezed lemon
Forever a strawberry lover, I dug the Dragonfly martini because strawberry puree was included in it. However, the Dragonberry rum was a bit too sweet for me. If I were to have more than one of those, I could see it leading to a sugar hangover. Tamika loved this drank!
Fig Seduction: Figenza fig vodka, Peach Schnapps, & pineapple juice
Bartender Jack gave me the heads up that the Fig Seduction was on the sweeter side, which I appreciated. It was sweet indeed, but the fig vodka brought down the sweetness of the peach schnapps and pineapple juice.

Raspberry Limon: Svedka raspberry vodka, Bacardi Limon, Sour Mix, splash of Chambord, & lemon twist
The Raspberry Limon was originally my first choice but Bartender Jack sold me on the fig vodka martinis so I was glad that Tamika ordered this one so I could sample it for myself. In addition to strawberries, I also love drinks with lemon. This drink was too cute and very tasty.

The only food special on our visit was the half-priced oysters, which neither of us was in the mood for it.  We decided to go for full entrees since it was dinnertime. I was in the mood for a lobster roll, but I complained that every time I’ve had a lobster roll from other places it’s seriously lacking in lobster. Bartender Jack promised me that I wouldn’t be sorry if I ordered one from there so once again I trusted him and I’m so glad I did! The lobster roll was full of lobster and so filling that I hardly touched the side of lightly seasoned fries and pickle.

Lobster Roll ($19.95) 
For our final martinis, Tamika & I opted for sweeter ones.  Tamika ordered her first-ever French martini, while I ordered a Key Lime martini. Believe it or not, this was the first time I ever had a Key Lime martini and I think I picked the perfect place to try it. Skip the dessert menu and order this cocktail!

Key Lime martini: Svedka vanilla vodka, fresh squeezed lime juice, & graham cracker rim crust
If you visit Catch 35, I highly recommend sitting in the bar area so that your drink can get the great experience that I had! Also worth noting, Catch 35 has a second location in Chicago. Here's hoping the service in Chicago is just as amazing!!

-JG

--------

35 S. Washington
Naperville, IL 60540
630.717.3500

Neighborhood: downtown Naperville 


Catch 35 Naperville on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails