4.30.2013

Crosstown Pub & Grill


909 E. Ogden Ave.
Naperville, IL
630.357.9775

Parking: Free lot
Days: Daily
Times: All Night Long!
Drink Deals: Daily Specials for $5 and under!
Food Deals: Daily & Monthly Specials



Crosstown Pub & Grill has been on my radar for months due to the coupons I receive in those weekly suburban mailers.  However, it wasn’t until I checked out the amazing daily specials listed on their website that I decided Crosstown Pub was worth a visit. 

In my experience covering bars & restaurants with daily specials, it’s rare to find a day that offers something for everyone.  There is usually a beer or wine or well drinker day, and sometimes food is included.  At Crosstown Pub, they feature specials for everyone everyday!  On my Wednesday visit, the specials included:

·      1/2 Price Pizzas & Calzones
·      $4 - 24oz "Big Basterd" Domestic Drafts
·      $5 - 24oz "Big Basterd" Premium Drafts
·      $4 - Glasses of House Wine
·      $2.50 - Hamms Cans - While Supplies Last
·  $4 – “You Call It” Captain Morgan, Ketel One, Jack Daniels, Fireball Whiskey ON GAME DAYS!

The Happy Hour Tour regular Tamika & I kicked off our visit with $4 wine.  I never order wine at a pub because I fear it may be old and sour, but I had a good feeling about this place because it was packed with so many people, some who appeared to be regulars.  I received such a nice pour of sauvignon blanc that I ordered a second round.  For Tamika’s second round, she switched it up with a $4 Ketel One & cranberry because she was too happy with that price.


We were both in agreement that we would be ordering chicken wings because Crosstown Pub’s wings have been featured on local shows and The Travel Channel.  The wings are served breaded, grilled, or naked, and they come in over 30 different rubs and sauces!  I was pretty intrigued and overwhelmed with all the choices but luckily mix & matching was an option.  I finally decided on 10 breaded wings ($10.95) – 5 bacon cheddar rub, 5 bourbon sauce.  Tamika chose 5 Cajun rub, 5 chipotle mango sauce.  Some other flavors include pizza, cool ranch, and peanut butter & jelly! 



The wings were beyond amazing. I’ve been telling everyone that will listen. They are hearty sized wings, not the smaller ones that are regularly served at other restaurants.  Unfortunately, my fingers spent the better half of the evening covered in wing sauce so I didn’t get as many happy hour shots as I normally do.  Fortunately, I’ll be sure to get more when I revisit on a Thursday night for half-priced wings!

Not only are the food & drinks great at Crosstown Pub & Grill but it’s the first bar that I’ve been to in awhile where I feel that you can walk in alone and probably leave with new friends.  Men held doors for us, bartender chatted us up a bit, and people made conversation with us about the wings.  I also dug the 90’s alternative music playing from the jukebox.  It made me nostalgic for the days of my Chris Cornell obsession when my bedroom was covering with Rolling Stone & Spin magazine covers.

Be sure to check out Crosstown Pub & Grill!  The patio opens on May 1st.

-JG

Rating: 5 Martinis

Crosstown Pub and Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails