8.10.2010

BLT Steak

8720 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
310.360.1950
www.bltsteak.com
twitter.com/BLTSteakLA

Parking: $8 Valet, Metered street parking, free Sunset Plaza parking but park at your own risk – it seems to be unclear if BLT is part of Sunset Plaza or not

Daily, 5-7pm, $5 beer, wine, cocktails, & appetizers

I have been trying to take full advantage of the Mass Happy Hour happening every Wednesday on The Sunset Strip. Sometimes I can be such a creature of habit that I just continue to go to my favorite happy hours, but thanks to BLT’s tweet one day, I was reminded that they have happy hour. And what a nice happy hour it was!

Lack of happy hour crowd aside, I was more than pleased with my choice of drinks & food. New addition to the wing women crew, Natalie & I ordered up the So-Cal Sangria made of pear brandy, lemon, orange, & cava. It was definitely different than any sangria we ever had due to the fizzy flavor, but we loved it so much that we ordered a second round.

For food, we ordered the cast iron mussels, sliders, and the short rib grilled cheese, all $5 at happy hour. After my experience at
The Parlor Hollywood, I was a little hesitant to order sliders, but these sliders had buns of an appropriate size and promised toppings. As for my favorite dish, it was a tie between cast iron mussels and the short rib grilled cheese. Both were flavorful and fresh. It’s at times like this that I wish I had a bottomless stomach, but if I want to keep my body looking tight, looking right, I gotta call it quits at some point.












My constant snapping with my Canon Powershot SX10IS is usually a dead giveaway that happy hour is my (non-paid) business and as a result we ended up befriending two women that asked for my card & Santa Monica happy hour suggestions. My pick? The Yard. As happy hour came to a close, more people had arrived, but they were there for dinner, not to take in the sights of the very friendly, hot bartender Andrew.

Even though there wasn’t much of a crowd, I would still return for happy hour in hopes that this review gets things going there. The food & drink is seriously not to be missed.
-JG
Rating: 4 Martinis


BLT Steak on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails